As ‘System Engineer’, you will be responsible to install, configure and administer ICT infrastructure
hardware, including operating systems, utility, and infrastructure-based software to offer high
availability and optimal service to users.
• Install, configure, patch, and upgrade Operating System and application software by proposing specifications and flowcharts, recommending optimum access techniques, and coordinating installation requirements;
• Promptly address incidents and document network problems and resolution;
• Investigate, diagnose, test, and repair system, hardware, software, and infrastructure to offer optimal service to customers;
• Evaluate software/patches and perform testing prior to implementation;
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
• Define, maintain and regularly test resiliency strategies;
• Ensure security of the entire production/DR system architecture;
• Work closely with IT Security Team for user management and perform audit and security checks;
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
• Define operational procedures and create system documentation;
• Assist in the implementation and testing of the Disaster Recovery solution for business continuity.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related field;
• At least 2 years of work experience in system design and implementation of systems, software, and network;
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux-based environments;
• Experience in AIX and IBM servers management;
• Knowledge of networking essentials and VOIP system;
• Knowledge of SAN, UNIX, Cisco Network, Big IP F5, SSL, VPN, IPSec, SFTP, TCP/IP, DNS, E- mail;
• Knowledge of Windows Operating System, VMware, and databases;
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate with a wide range of people and concerned stakeholders.
• Ability to provide on-call support 24/7 on a roster basis for the production environment.
ICPS is looking for individuals with good analytical and problem-solving skills capable of coping with pressure and setbacks while delivering quality results and meeting customer expectations.
How to Apply: Candidates should send their application letter and detailed CV to ICPS_HR@icps.mu
Closing Date: 31 January 2023.
Location: Les Pailles, Mauritius
The Management reserves the right not to appoint anyone following this advert.