BACK OFFICE SUPERVISOR
Manage the whole settlement process and take appropriate decisions:
• Ensure that all settlement files for ICPS clients are cleared as per defined timeframes;
• Closely monitor the daily dealings of FOREX for the outgoing and incoming files and ensure timely reporting of all fees to Treasury/Central Bank/ clients;
• Monitoring & follow up on rejected items;
• Ensure that good faith, fee collections/ and other refunds are treated on time to prevent financial loss;
• Handle complaints/queries received from customers in an efficient and timely manner;
• Ensure that the daily authorisation of accounting vouchers is performed with care and on time in accordance with internal policies, thus eliminating risks of errors, irregularities, and financial losses.
Oversee the reconciliation process and take prompt decisions:
• Ensure that all accounts are duly reconciled as per defined timeframes and closing balances of accounts are properly justified;
• Ensure that the right fees are paid to Cards schemes and all legitimate fees are collected from our customers;
• Assist internal and external auditors in their audit review and ensure that recommendations formulated are cascaded and implemented within the agreed timeframe;
• Participate in projects' UAT and Post go live accounting verification;
• Conduct monthly meetings with clients.
Oversee the Risk Management process:
• Ensure timely processing of Chargebacks, representments, retrieval requests, refunds & fee collections as per defined timeframes;
• Perform the required accounting entries on the bank’s system for the settlement of disputed transactions and fees as well as the reconciliation of home accounts to ensure timely reporting to relevant parties;
• Ensure that chargeback logs for clients are updated regularly;
• Transcribe new fraudulent trends and patterns into a rule-based system;
• Ensure that fraud monitoring is performed through the ICPS Fraud Monitoring Tool & all alerts depicted are duly communicated to clients;
• Provide assistance in Network Compliance: Regularly attend to bulletins, perform edit checks, and liaise with Enhancement team/clients accordingly.
Training, Innovation and Team Management:
• Apply expert knowledge for preparing & delivering training and providing consultancy services to clients;
• Explore & use new tools for Back Office Operations related to the Card Management System, or any other solutions proposed by ICPS/HPS Innovation team;
• Develop a quality and a motivating culture by empowering and managing performance ensuring that set objectives, KPI and collective performance are achieved;
• Ensure team members development and continuous evaluation of skills, propose areas of development, and continually encourage knowledge sharing and expertise;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Management based on skills and competencies.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, Fully/Partly ACCA qualified or any equivalent qualification;
• At least 3 years’ experience within Banking or a Financial Institution;
• Relevant experience in a similar industry/sector would be an advantage;
• Strong Analytical Skills and Financial Techniques;
• Supervisory skills and Team leader;
• Able to make a difference by partnering with people.
How to Apply: Candidates should send their application letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure all required information is accurately entered in relevant sections. Any incomplete application will not be considered.
Closing date: 20th September 2023
Location: 7th floor, The Docks 2, Caudan St, Port-Louis 11307
The Management reserves the right not to appoint anyone following this advert.